Saturday, February 24, 2018

Hüsker Dü - Savage Young Dü

Ok, something a little different today. Savage Young Dü is the fantastic 3 disc set released late last year. I've decided to only post one of the discs, simply because hell it's only been out a few months. I try not to post anything too soon after its release. I'm not an animal!

Anyway, we unfortunately lost drummer Grant Hart not too long ago as well. Although I can't say I was much of a fan of their 'indie' stuff it's hard not to admit they were an incredibly influential band for both indie and punk. This collection is outtakes and live stuff from their early days. Well worth the price of admission. This disc (#1 for those keeping score at home) has 22 great tracks of indie, punk and hardcore, including....

All My Best Things Are In Hock

5 comments:

  1. Brilliant collection, love it! Grant would've been proud...
    R.I.P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, anything past new day rising and all that later power pop isn't really my style aside from some stuff. On the other hand, all their early stuff and anything released through SST is some of the best early hardcore I've had the pleasure of listening to in my years. Zen Arcade is one of the best albums of all time, I don't care if I sound like a Husker Hipster either. I throw Land Speed Record with all the other grindcore, powerviolence and thrashcore I listen too. Grant Hart is one of the drummers who influenced my style the most, also if you want proof of their early prowess. Look at this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em4SItAdd-w

    RIP Grant Hart

    ReplyDelete
  3. The extra tracks they put out from the Metal Circus sessions are fantastic. Can't help but hope they do some sort of Zen Arcade special edition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'd be RAD if you could post the other 2 CD's from this amazing collection, hint hint...

    ReplyDelete